Debut comes with a custom audio player and playlist functionality built in. Adding audio is easy:
- Create/Edit a post and give it a title.
- Select the Audio post format.
- Click on the “Add Media” button above the editor
- Upload one or more MP3 audio files.
- Set a featured image to be used for the Album artwork.
It’s important to note, when adding audio, you need to add/upload the audio to the Post itself, NOT via the Media menu. You should see all your audio files in the “Gallery” tab of the Media lightbox for a post.
When viewing the post, you will see a fully functional audio player.
Audio Player Options
There are a few display and control options available for the audio player in Appearance > Customize > General.
Disable custom audio player.
[checkbox] Here you can decide to disable the custom audio player from automatically appearing.
Show audio playlist by default.
[checkbox] Decide if the playlist should be hidden or visible when the page loads. This option can also be set via the URL query parameter. For example, this will always show the playlist: http://yoursite.com/audio-post/?playlist=show
To change the order your audio tracks appear in the audio player, you will need to do this via the Posts Media Popup window. You can access this window by clicking on the “Add Media” button just above the content editor. You should now be viewing the “Insert Media” screen of the Media Popup window. Now, do the following:
- Click on the drop down menu labeled “All media items” and choose “Uploaded to this post“. You should now see all audio files (and images) uploaded to the post.
- Drag and drop the audio files in the proper order.
- Close the Media Popup window as the order is automatically saved.
- Click on the blue “Update/Publish” button.
Update Audio Title, Artist, and Album
By default, the theme uses pieces of the post content as the albums info. For example, the Album Title uses the Posts title and the Artist is set to use the Posts Author name. Below are ways to adjust these more to your liking.
- First, go to the Media Library via the Media menu.
- Next select the audio file you wish to update.
Title: Track Title
Caption: Artist Name
Description: Album Name