Blocco has a unique feature which utilizes a WordPress menu as the block items on the home page. This allows you to create an unlimited number of block items on your home page that link to the various pages, posts, external links and more!
By default, WordPress will show your most recent posts on the front page. You can set a specific Page to be used as the front page as well as a page to show your Posts. To do this, as shown in the theme demo, do the following:
- Create two Pages, one called Home and one called Blog; Pages > Add New.
- Go to Settings > Reading
- Change the Front Page Displays option to A static page.
- Set the Front Page option to the Home page created previously
- Set the Posts Page option to the Blog page created previously
Now that we have our Home page assigned, we’ll need to create and set a menu to be displayed for this page.Learn more about using WordPress menus, click here →.
- Go to Appearance > Menus
- Create a new Menu; click the + icon.
- Add any pages, categories, archives, or custom links you want to the menu
- Click the blue Save Menu button when finished.
- Assign this new menu to the Front Page Menu via the Theme Locations meta box.
- Click the blue Save button in that meta box.
That’s it! You now have the front page of your site setup and displaying a block navigation. If you like, you can add a video to the home page as shown in the theme demo, too. This can be done by simply adding a video URLinto the content area of your Home page. Any content added to the home page will display above the block menu.
Blocco uses the WordPress Custom Header feature to control the logo/title area. You can access this area by going to Appearance > Header. Learn more about Custom Headers →. In the case of Blocco, we’ve simply created an image based logo using a fancy font, and rotated it. You can do the same using any image editing software you may have. When ready, upload the image based logo using the Custom Header settings.
Additionally, Blocco allows you to control the logo/title area for mobile devices as well. As with most theme settings, you can optimize the mobile logo/title area by going to Appearance > Themes and clicking on the “Customize” link for your currently selected theme. In the customize screen, go to the Header Image section and update the Mobile Header Image option.